Frequently Asked Questions About Sovereign Silver
ALL SOVEREIGN SILVER PRODUCTS ARE ANTI-FUNGAL, ANTI-VIRAL AND ANTI-BACTERIAL!
A NATURAL alternative to products like Neosporin plus they are SAFER than antibiotics.
1. Why is Sovereign Silver packaged in glass and not plastic?
Plastic containers contaminate silver products due to the reaction of silver ions with plastic. Colloids will leach contaminants from plastic due to its porosity. This creates unwanted chemical reactions. Glass ensures the formulation maintains its quality and integrity. This is why we would never bottle our liquid hydrosol in plastic.
Manufacturers make the decision to use plastic instead of glass for the following reasons:
- It's cheaper than glass.
- It eliminates breakages.
- It reduces shipping weights and therefore shipping costs.
What do any of these have to do with improving the quality control? None! Our point exactly.
2. Why is Sovereign Silver clear in color while most other silver products are not?
Color (yellow, gold, amber, brown, cloudy) is an indication of one or any combination of the following:
- Refraction of light off large particles.
- Chemical reagents or stabilizing additives.
- Oxidation during the time of manufacture.
This is a quick indication of poor quality, and if the manufacturer tries to tell you differently, you are being misled.
The color of a good quality hydrosol should be clear or have a slight hue.
3. Why is Sovereign Silver referred to as a Silver Hydrosol, and what differentiates it from Colloidal Silver, Ionic Silver and other silver supplements?
Over the past two decades, the term "colloidal silver" has been dramatically polluted by manufacturers that produce (knowingly or unknowingly) silver products contaminated by the presence of salts, proteins, compounds, stabilizers, and oxidation - all of which serve to degrade and diminish the bio-activity of the silver, and render it potentially toxic.
A Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol™, such as Sovereign Silver or Argentyn 23, represents the ultimate refinement and purity of the colloidal silver category. It is the suspension of a high content (96%) of ultra-fine, positively charged silver ions (Ag+) in only pharmaceutical-grade purified water. This is not to be confused with ionic silver, an inferior form of neutral silver/silver salt that is in solution (dissolved), rather than in colloidal suspension. The positively charged silver ions (cations) in a Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol™ remain in suspension, maintaining their fully active state for use within the body.
To maintain the high quality and purity of its silver hydrosols, NIC bottles its products in amber glass by opposition to some manufacturers still using plastic (See our FAQ on why we bottle in glass).
4. Is Sovereign Silver safe for a baby or pregnant women?
Although we are not aware of any evidence of toxicity or adverse effect, we recommend that you consult with your doctor or holistic health care provider.
5. Can I use Sovereign Silver as eye drops or for sores on my skin?
Prior to 1999, colloidal silver products were allowed to be sold and labeled 'over-the-counter' for many common health concerns, both external and internal. Today, we market and label Sovereign Silver™ to be used exclusively for ingestion as a dietary supplement, as regulated by the Dietary Supplement Health Educational Act (DSHEA) of 1994.
6. Do other silver products pose risks that Sovereign Silver does not?
They can. Knowing what the safe and critical amounts are for silver ingestion is important. You want to buy a:
- Bio-active (high percentage particle charge content). and
- Bio-available (low nano or sub-nanoparticle size -- 10 to 8 Ångstroms - which approaches a Particle Diffusion Coefficient of 10-5 cm2/second that may greatly facilitate bioassimilation) product, which
- Allows for multiple daily dosages while remaining safe due to a low parts per million (ppm) content of elemental silver.
As for homemade products, it is our view that it is unfeasible to produce safe, high bio-active silver formulations without the sophisticated laboratory resources available to us.*
7. Are other silver products with higher concentrations more powerful?
No. It's not so much about concentration as it is about particle size and particle charge. The smaller the silver particle, the more powerful its energy. Also, the higher the percentage of charged silver particles, the more positive the biological action becomes. Actually Sovereign Silver at 10 ppm outperforms other brands up to 500 ppm or more. This is because such products with higher concentrations of silver are comprised of very high particle size ranges containing little, if any, charged silver particles.*
8. Can pets safely be treated with this product?
Please note that even though we manufacture the highest quality silver dietary supplement, which is safe and non-irritating, Sovereign Silver is only sold under the Dietary and Supplement Health Education Act (DSHEA) Therefore, we unfortunately cannot offer you any advice on this subject since its exclusive target market is for humans, yet we have testimonies from people who have had success with their pets.
9. Does Sovereign Silver destroy the friendly and beneficial probiotics (i.e., acidophilus) in my intestines when I ingest it?
To some small degree Sovereign Silver's active ingredient may inhibit probiotics. But your nearly 30 feet of intestinal tract is consistently making more friendly probiotics. You can also enhance your internal production of probiotics by ingesting a high quality source with meals. Therefore, an especially effective strategy is to take both, but in a specific daily schedule by: (a) ingesting Sovereign Silver at bedtime or on an empty stomach away from meals, while taking (b) a dose of high quality probiotics from your health food store at meal times. In this way, you get the best of both, in terms of benefits and performance, without creating any conflicts.*
10. I understand now about the concentration and particle size aspects of Sovereign Silver, but what about the Mild Silver Protein products?
Sovereign Silver is nearly pure oligodynamic Ag+. Mild Silver Protein is a formulation that stabilizes silver by binding it to protein. Silver is inactive when bound to a protein. The real performance only comes from when the silver splits off from the protein, a process riddled with bottlenecks. Therefore, much more Mild Silver Protein is required to provide the same benefits as lower amounts of pure oligodynamic Ag+. Again, with Sovereign Silver you now understand that less means more!*
11. Will Sovereign Silver give me Argyria (a condition that turns the skin blue)?
Argyria is a condition caused by the ingestion of elemental silver, silver dust or silver compounds. The most dramatic symptom of argyria is the skin becoming blue or bluish-gray colored. Argyria may be found as generalized argyria or local argyria. Argyrosis is the corresponding condition related to the eye. The condition is believed to be permanent, but laser therapy has been used to treat it with satisfactory cosmetic results. [Source: Wikipedia]
^1 - James, William; Berger, Timothy; Elston, Dirk (2005). Andrews' Diseases of the Skin: Clinical Dermatology. (10th ed.). Saunders. ISBN 0721629210.
^2 - Jacobs R (2006). "Argyria: my life story". Clinics in dermatology 24 (1): 66:9; discussion 69. doi:10.1016/j.clindermatol.2005.09.001. PMID 16427508.
It is true that using silver compounds (silver salts and silver proteins) will lead to Argyria (classified as a benign cosmetic condition), although Natural-Immunogenics Corp. (NIC) confidently guarantees that use of its Silver Hydrosols will not lead to Argyria.
12. How do you know that Sovereign Silver is the #1-selling colloidal silver product (in the USA)?
Sovereign Silver is sold in almost 5,000 health food stores and natural pharmacies nationwide, including major chains.
According to SPINS, the leading provider of information on the Natural Products Industry and its consumer dynamics, Sovereign Silver has been the #1-selling colloidal silver product since 2005, and has the top 5 selling items out of the 91 colloidal silver supplement products it tracks.
SPINS' annual SPINSscan Natural Retail Measurement Services tracks sales of all UPC-coded products sold in the natural supermarket channel.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.